16 – U Division
17 + tournament
2020 BWK ESPORTS NHL ’21 TOURNAMENT – OFFICAL RULES AND LEGAL REGULATIONS
The Brandon Wheat Kings (“BWK”) are excited to hose the BWK eSports NHL ’21 Tournament is an esports tournament for players of the Electronic Arts NHL® ’21 video game, open to 256 players and will consist of using Versus Online Mode on PlayStation 4. Play will consist of four (4) rounds (each a “Round”), as follows:
- Round 1: Each participant will be randomly assigned to one of 64 Divisions, each consisting of 4 Teams, where they will compete in a round robin style tournament. Top two (2) players from each of the 64 Divisions will move on.
- Round 2: The Top two (2) players from each division in Round 1 (128 players total) will be randomly assigned to one of 32 Divisions, each consisting of four (4) players for a second round robin style tournament. Top two (2) players from each division will move on to Round 3.
- Round 3: 64 players will participate in a double elimination bracket style tournament to determine the top four (4) players, each of which will move on to Round 4.
- Round 4 – BWK eSports NHL ’21 Championship Round: Each of the top four (4) players from Round 3 will be seeded and play a semi-final and final game to determine the 2020 BWK eSports NHL ’21 Champion. BWK eSports NHL ’21 Championship will be held at Westoba Place at the Keystone Centre in Brandon, Manitoba during a Brandon Wheat Kings Home Game
**Tournament stages may be changed before the start of the tournament if maximum numbers are not reached**
In order to participate in the Tournament and be eligible to win a prize, participants (each a “Player” and collectively, the “Players”) at the time of entry and at all times during the Tournament, must:
- have an active PlayStation Network account;
- have an EA account and agree to the EA terms and conditions relating to service, data and privacy (terms.ea.com, privacy.ea.com);
- own or have access to an authorized copy of the NHL ’21 video game;
- Any player under 18 must have the permission of their parent or guardian to participate; and
- be a resident of Canada
By taking part you accept and agree to these rules and BWK’s decisions regarding their interpretation and application.
- REGISTRATION: Registration for the Tournament opens at 11:00 AM (Central) on Friday Nov 13 and lasts until 11:59 PM (Central) on Monday December 28th and will take place on the designated registration page on Toornament.com.
- GAME SETTINGS:
The following setting shall be used for all games. To the extent any game settings are not mentioned in the list below, they shall be left at the default setting. If incorrect settings are used and BWK determines that affected the outcome of any game, a Player may be disqualified.
- Game Mode: Online Versus
- Team Selection: MUST pick a CHLteam to play with – WHL, OHL or QMJHL
- Difficulty: All-Star
- Period Length: 4 Minutes
- Game Type: Competitive
- Rules: NHL
- Fighting: On
- Penalties: On
- Injuries: On
- Offsides: Delayed
- Icing: Hybrid Icing
- Tie Break: Continuous Overtime
- Position Lock: Off
- Music and Announcers Turned Off
- PLAYER CONDUCT: Players must not:
- Violate any federal, state, or provincial law, rule or regulation, or any of these Tournament Rules, as determined by BWK in its reasonable discretion.
- Use any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts another’s computer or property.
- Interfering with or disrupting another Player’s ability to participate.
- Use another person’s EA account.
- Attempt to gain an unfair competitive advantage inconsistent with standard NHL ’21 gameplay.
- Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another Player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.
- Act in a manner that antagonizes community standards or reflects unfavorably upon BWK.
- Match fixing, match dodging, or engaging in any behavior that otherwise constitutes cheating.
- Exploit any bug or glitch in the NHL ’21 gameplay or software.
- Any other conduct deemed inappropriate within the sole discretion of the BWK.
If BWK, in its sole discretion, determines you have violated any of the rules it may issue:
- public warnings;
- game forfeitures and/or match forfeitures;
- prize forfeitures; and/or
- suspensions or disqualifications.
Failure to cooperate with a BWK investigation into a breach of these Tournament Rules will constitute and admission of failure to comply.
- IN-GAME NAMES/AVATARS: Players are responsible for their names and avatars. Names and avatars shall not be derogatory, profane, indecent, or offensive, and shall not violate the proprietary rights of any third party and shall be subject to change as required by BWK.
- PLAYER APPAREL, SPONSORSHIP AND PROMOTION: BWK reserves the right to approve, to the extent that it is able to under the law, Players Clothing and/or require Players to wear specific items during the Championship Round.
- RELEASE; INDEMNIFICATION; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: By participating in this Tournament, Players (or if minors, his/her/their parent/legal guardians) agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless BWK and each of its respective officers, directors, governors, members, parent companies, partners, partnerships, principals, owners, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, affiliates (past, present and future), subsidiaries, related entities, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) (collectively, “Losses”) which may occur in connection with a breach or alleged breach of any representations, warranties or agreements of Player hereunder.
- PUBLICITY: Participation in the Tournament and acceptance of a Prize, constitutes a Player’s (or if a minor, his/her/their parent’s/legal guardian’s) agreement and consent to BWK’s, and its affiliates’, agents’ or affiliated third parties’ use of the Player’s names, gamer tags, nicknames, image or likenesses, photographs, voices, opinions and/or city, game footage (including, but not limited to, that from any game that has been live streamed, broadcast, or recorded), biographical information and/or prize information in connection with the Tournament for promotional, advertising or other purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised including the internet, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, notice, review or approval and agree to sign any document reasonably required by BWK to give effect to this authorization. Tournament Finals must be live streamed to ensure legitimacy.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All decisions of BWK in connection with this Tournament shall be binding and final in all respects. BWK reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Tournament, if intervening circumstances warrant, within BWK’s discretion, due to any fraud, virus or other technical problem which corrupts the administration, security, or proper entry or play into the Tournament, or for any other reason. In such event, BWK and EA reserve the right to award the respective Prize(s) from among the eligible Submissions received up to the time of the termination, cancellation, suspension and/or modification. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PLAYER OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS TOURNAMENT, ANY WEBSITE AND OR BWK/EA PLATFORM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TOURNAMENT MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, BWK AND/OR EA RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. BWK’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OR PROVISION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT TERM OR PROVISION. THIS PROGRAM IS IN NO WAY BWKED OR ADMINISTERED BY ANY OF THE OTHER INELIGIBLE ENTITIES EXCEPT FOR BWK.
- DISPUTES: Any and all disputes shall be submitted to binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act (Manitoba) and all disputes shall be settled in accordance with the laws of the Province of Manitoba and the laws of Canada Applicable therein.
- AMENDMENTS: These Official Rules may be amended, modified or supplemented by BWK from time to time, in order to ensure fair play and the integrity of Tournament matches.